Lake Chala Day Trip Tour
A crater lake in a caldera at the border between Tanzania and Kenya and 52 km from Moshi town, Lake Chala was measured at a depth of 95 meters, which makes it deeper than the famous Lake Victoria. Filled and drained by underground waters, the lake ranges in color from deep blue to turquoise and green. Take a walk down the 100 metres deep crater rim to the lakeshore and cool your feet at the water’s edge among the rocks as you watch the water ripple peacefully through the lake in shimmering delight.
This fully guided tour gives you the chance to get up close and personal with the best of Lake Chala while logistics and all operations are taken care of, for you.
- Departure and Return Place: We can start/end this tour from any hotel in Moshi/Arusha or from Kilimanjaro International Airport(Google Map)
- Departure Time: Please be ready by 8:15 AM for a prompt departure at 8:30 AM.
- Return Time: Approximately 4:30 PM in the evening.
- Dress Code: Casual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hat, spare clothing.
- Customizations: Can be amended/customized upon request, to suit your requirements
- Extensions: Trip Extensions are available on request
- Season: All year round
- Your own private guide and driver for in-depth cultural touring based on your interests
- Firsthand, sophisticated destination knowledge and recommendations from our locally born travel specialists
- Around-the-clock support from your travel designer and concierge before, during, and after your trip
- Forest walk
- Sportfishing (Extra Charges)
Pick-up & drop-off at your location
Bottled Mineral water
All Park Fees
Tips and Gratuities
Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
Pre/post accommodation and airport transfers (available upon request)
You’ll be picked up after breakfast and make the drive to Lake Chala on the eastern side of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Your day of adventure starts with a guided hike through the lush forest that surrounds this crater lake. Along the way, you’ll have the chance to spot playful primates and a variety of other animal and birdlife.
After soaking in the view from the crater rim, you’ll descend to the water’s edge where you can choose to take a dip, enjoy a canoe safari, or simply take out a good book and read in the serenity.
After a picnic lunch, you’ll make your way back to your hotel.